Sippin' on Detox Juice (Laid Back) Pt. 1


I have to lose 35 lbs. Like yesterday.

Ever since the move into my new home my waistline has had a mind of its own. And by waistline, I mean mouth. I have been devouring carbs like Ms. Pac Man devours blinking ghosts.

I don't ever recall gaining weight to be this easy - but to those who know my current life - it has generally been explained away as relationship weight or "happy weight". I.E. the pounds you put on when you're feeling the most comfortable in your relationship. Not sure if that's what's going on or not - but it's time to shed this weight.

Over the years I've really struggled with my weight - but I've always been able to snap it back. This time around, the snap just ain't snappin.

Desperate times call for desperate measures...

Image from Groupon.com
I ordered a detox green juice from Groupon and it just arrived last week. I drank my first this morning and it was pretty tasty. Not as "sweet" as my palate would like at this point, but I'm sure the more I drink them, the more I will get used to the savory taste. You get enough bottles to do a 3-9 day juice cleanse depending on whether you plan to eat meals or not. I plan to try to do the first three days sans food.
Image from The Beverage Gourmet

Randomly enough, while perusing BJ's after church and Father's Day brunch - the fiance and I came across a demo stand. A man was passing out samples of green juice made from fruit juice concentrate that had no added sugars and many of the same ingredients as the RAW detox green juice. It had the sweetness I preferred a some of the same benefits. It isn't a fresh juice, unfortunately, but I hope I will be able to supplement my fresh juice cleanse with this product by diluting it in water. Two 48 oz bottles priced at $37.00 is significantly more affordable than what I would pay for the RAW green detox without the Groupon deal.

Please consult your doctor before making major changes to dietary/health plan. This is something I wanted to try for myself, and I am not a health professional. I'll be sure to update you on the progress I make with the juice cleanse.

I start fitness bootcamp next week! Look out for my post!

What is the most extreme thing you've ever tried to lose weight?

Comments