Sippin' on Detox Juice (Laid Back) Pt. 2

Technically I should be on day three of my detox juice cleanse.

Technically...


But yesterday I had a moment of weakness. While running errands for work, I was overcome by hunger. Even though I had already swallowed down my second juice of the day, my stomach was not trying to let me live my best life.

Actually, I think my stomach and I have different views on what my best life should look like. My version of my best life includes green juice and a flat stomach. Hers include chocolate cake and Chipotle burrito bowls. 

Anywho -- I saw a Panera Bread and made the executive decision to assuage my hunger with a healthy salad or bowl of soup.

Unfortunately, when I got to the check-out I ordered a turkey sandwich and chips instead because that was the only thing WE could agree upon. And by WE I mean ME and my stomach because it has a MIND OF ITS OWN. We always argue and WE can NEVER agree on ANYTHING.

The cashier's eyes flashed an evil smile as she delivered news that would send me into a tailspin.

"You have $1 off for a pastry or a cookie, would you like to use it today?"

Me:


I shook my head vigorously -- as if I shook it hard enough I would believe the lie I just told, myself.

She simply smiled again - and handed me my receipt, leaving me to ponder the pastry I let get away.

After about 10 minutes of waiting, I received my sandwich...which I hoovered down in about 5 seconds while checking work emails.

Then the thought occurred to me...I was going to eat a cookie. And ate it I DID!

BEFORE

AFTER

The day pretty much went downhill from there. Later on, at the Nats game, I ate half an order of unpleasant buffalo chicken tater tots, picked through my fiance's italian sausage roll (because I hate sauerkraut), and slurped down a syrupy frozen margarita. It wasn't pretty.


Maybe I will have more success with my juice cleanse today. I really want to detox before I start my fitness boot camp next week!

Comments