Upcycled $5 Antique Lamp



After searching for months for the perfect coffee table, I lucked out when I found this amazing $5 antique lamp at the thrift store! However, this is NOT it the same shape I found it.

 

When I initially spotted it in the thrift store, it wasn't painted and was covered in chips and scratches. The base was wiggly, and it didn't have a lampshade. Despite all this, I still thought it was adorable. I loved that it is a side table and lamp duo. You can't beat $5 for well-made furnishings!


I had already ordered rose gold paint for the legs of my living room chairs, and thought it might be a great idea to paint my side table lamp the same color. It took only two coats to get the final look. I didn't do anything beforehand besides wipe down the piece with a damp rag to remove dust. I didn't sand it at all. I ordered the paint from Amazon and bought the brush from Dollar Tree.


To better hide the imperfections and scratches in the wood, I tapped the second coat of paint onto the piece with a thick-bristled brush.


I found a lampshade for around $15 at Walmart. I wasn't excited about paying that much, but overall, the side table lamp only cost $20. I'm very happy with the way it turned out!

What's your latest DIY project? 

Comments